If you desire the best possible oral health, it begins with protecting your teeth. Always make sure to keep your tooth enamel safe and make sure to avoid potential oral health risks.
Avoid common oral hazards that can damage your smile. Listed below are a few common hazards to your smile, as well as a few tips to help prevent them from occurring:
– Always avoid bad behaviors such as smoking and chewing tobacco, and recreational drugs, and never use your mouth as a bottle opener, as this is an easy way to chip and crack teeth.
– If you play contact sports or partake in high-risk activities, be sure to wear headgear or mouthguards to protect your teeth and jaw.
– Avoid chewing on objects such as pens and pencils, as they can cause a TMJ disorder in your jaw or loosen or crack a tooth.
– Avoid tough and thick substances that can crack your teeth, including hard candies, ice, corn on the cob, and corn kernels.
– Avoid wearing mouth jewelry, as it can be a choking hazard, chip and crack teeth, and cause infections.
If you would like a professional examination from ADC Dental & Denture Clinic Inc. at our dentist office in Medford, Oregon, please contact us at 541-772-8280. Dr. Teresa Eplett and the rest of our team will ensure you get the healthy smile you desire.